Montag, 3. August 2009

The travelling soul

Ok, I have to admit that I have started to misuse this blog somehow as a picture-book instead of writing little text bits. Not that anyone might really care (besides maybe Alex. Btw: Thanks for your affection regarding my oeuvres!)

New country, new chance, I say. So let's see if I will manage to keep this going a little better. I calculate - if I put all the time and energy I had to invest in common farewell & birthday presents as part of the "GTZ-Sri Lanka Bastelgruppe" into writing for my blog, it should be damn great! Unless Kigali offers a phenomenal social life that distracts me.... let's see....

The last week before my departure started and I am already absent-minded, I feel. Not yet in Rwanda of course, but not really here anymore either. Tine once told me that the soul needs much more time to travel a distance then the body, as the body can be transported from A to B using modern technology. But the soul did not catch up on modern technology (and vis-a-versa). Therefore it has to start it's journey earlier then the body and still might not be there when your body arrives.
That is why one often feels a bit lost and hollow just before departure and after arrival. The soul is not there yet.
I am happy to have friends, who give those kind of explanations. Makes perfectly sense to me!!!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Maybe the soul travels by boat.. after all we are all boat people somehow.. lost in this fast moving world and yet we want to move faster and farer away.. lets get some speed boats! :.)
David