Samstag, 15. August 2009

Where am I?

So here I am. In the middle of Africa. Which is not really Africa, as people say. Different. “Africa light”. (As Sri Lanka was referred to as “India light”… What is it with me and the “light” countries?) And it might be true. I am sitting outside, wearing jeans, a jumper and socks! And still I feel this subtle chill. Would love a scarf of someone’s arm around me. Can’t possibly be Africa, can it?

To get clarity about being in Africa or not I order salad. Green salad with a mayonnaise-ish dressing. I am being in a rebellious mood today. But - no diarrhea! So, on which continent am I? Undecided if I should continue this experiment with ice cream and tab water…

But people look African. And yesterday evening there was a power cut of several hours. At least some things happen as expected. Still, will have to make some more experiments to figure out what kind of country this is J. Will keep you posted.

Keine Kommentare: